Monday, February 24, 2014

Baked Eggs with Spaghetti Squash


I was grocery shopping the other day and for some reason I was suddenly struck with a longing to buy spaghetti squash and make it. Ever since I prepared spaghetti squash a few months ago I have been meaning to repeat the experience but hadn't gotten around to doing so.

This time, rather than put the squash mixture back into the scraped shells, I decided to go with more of a breakfast theme. I scooped the prepared veggie and squash mixture into little ramekins and then cracked an egg over top. Then I put the ramekins into the oven and used the broiler to cook the egg just until the whites set and the yolk still jiggled. I made one for each family member and then just served the remaining squash mixture in the skillet for those who wanted extra. I was pleased with the outcome and it was nice to have something different for breakfast for a change.

Baked Eggs with Spaghetti Squash
Note: I prepared the spaghetti squash the same way I did last time. The recipe can be found here and should be followed all the way until stuffing the shells with the squash mixture.
  • Prepared spaghetti squash
  • Eggs
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Distribute the spaghetti squash and vegetables amongst the ramekins, filling each about ¾ full.
  2. Carefully crack an egg into each ramekin, making sure not the break the yolk.
  3. Place the ramekins onto a tray and into the oven under the broiler. Cook the eggs just until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft and runny. Keep a close watch as the eggs will cook quickly.
  4. Remove the ramekins from the oven and serve. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment