Sunday, August 8, 2010

Banana Bread


I'm back!!! I enjoyed a wonderful trip to Israel but before I left I made this banana bread and ran out of time to post the recipe. This banana bread was actually something that I had planned on making for quite some time as a birthday present for my boss. He loves his banana bread and every single week sends me out for his coffee order and slice of bread. I decided that for his birthday, I would bake him his very own loaf so that he could take it home and enjoy it with his family. Little did I know that he would consume half of it before it even left the office.

In preparation for making this banana bread, I made one a week prior using a recipe I found online. Unfortunately, the recipe wasn't to my liking and so I rooted around in my cupboards until I found the recipe that I had used long ago and knew to be a success. This recipe is moist and full of banana flavor, without being too cakey, therefore making the "bread" part of its name a reality.

Banana Bread
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 4 bananas should be fine)
  • Optional: You can add chocolate chips and walnuts too, but I kept it out because my boss likes his banana bread plain without any additions.
  1. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
  2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
  3. Stir in the eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
  4. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until it is evenly moistened.
  5. Bake for one hour at 350 Fahrenheit.

No comments:

Post a Comment