Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nutella Ice Cream


Whenever I come across recipes for no-churn ice cream I always pay attention and when I saw this one featuring nutella I knew I had to try it out. In my family the main ice cream connoisseur is my brother and he typically loves anything containing chocolate. As this ice cream contains both nutella and cocoa powder I knew it would be perfect for him.

What I didn't anticipate was how smooth and creamy it would be, no doubt thanks to the sweetened condensed milk. My brother said it was just like eating gelato and after tasting it I would have to agree. Once again my taste buds are pleased but my waist line is not after discovering this easy to make ice cream.

Nutella Ice Cream
  • 10.5 oz heavy whipping cream
  • 6 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • ¼ cup nutella
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  1. Whip the heavy cream on medium to high speed until soft peaks form.
  2. Combine the sweetened condensed milk, nutella, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
  3. Add a large spoonful of the whipped cream to the nutella mixture and stir to loosen it up. 
  4. Using a spatula, fold the nutella mixture into the whipped cream until no streaks remain. Pour into a seal-able container and put in the freezer for at least 6 hours or long enough for the ice cream to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment