Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Bread


I have decided that I really like my mini muffin tins. They are actually quite convenient if you think about it. In today's diet conscious world, everyone is concerned with eating too much dessert. The mini muffin tin allows you to make perfect bite sized desserts that anyone can sample without feeling too guilty. Also, the little size makes the dessert look cuter than a big chunk on a plate.

The reason I am blogging about mini muffin pans is because I recently made this wonderful chocolate zucchini bread but had way too much batter. I didn't want to make two loaves...that would be overkill. Instead, I used half the batter in the loaf pan and then the other half to make twenty four little mini bites. It worked out great because I brought the mini bites with me to a birthday party and everyone loved them.

This recipe is perfect for chocolate lovers...it is honestly one of the chocolatiest breads I have ever tasted. The zucchini has the effect of moistening the bread though you can't taste it at all. In fact, had I not told everyone that there was zucchini in it, no one would have known. Apart from that, knowing that there is zucchini in it can allow you to trick yourself into thinking that you're being slightly healthy as you munch down the chocolatey goodness.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Note: I got a little overexcited when shredding my zucchini and ended up with 4 cups. This recipe is for the original amount which yields one loaf or 24 mini bites.

  • 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium zucchini should be enough)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  1. Beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Add in the sour cream/yogurt and then the shredded zucchini. Mix until evenly combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
  3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until everything is incorporated. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  5. If baking the mini bites, bake at the same temperature for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment